Server job status

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Is there any way to get status of jobs on the server? What I'm looking for is info from the BITS virtual directory.

BitsAdmin does not seem to report on uploads and downloads being done on a server, only on client-side jobs.

I've looked through the MS docs and can't figure out how to find out what transfers are in progress and how far along they are.

Thanks,
-Mont
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2008 at 4:09 PM
Unfortunately seems there is nothing built-in, and I haven't seen anything 3rd party so far. Also there are no specific counters in PerfMon.
Otherwise, at least downloads are not specific to BITS, you can use BITS for downloads from any webserver as long as the result is not fro a dynamically rendered response.

mont wrote:
Is there any way to get status of jobs on the server? What I'm looking for is info from the BITS virtual directory.

BitsAdmin does not seem to report on uploads and downloads being done on a server, only on client-side jobs.

I've looked through the MS docs and can't figure out how to find out what transfers are in progress and how far along they are.

Thanks,
-Mont

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM
OK, thanks. It is mostly uploads that I was interested in.

Sorry for the delay I didn't get the email notification of your post for some reason.

-Mont